A schoolgirl with a severe dairy allergy suffered a fatal reaction after unwittingly eating a kebab containing yoghurt, an inquest has heard.
Chloe Gilbert, 15, from Seend, Wiltshire, collapsed in Southgate shopping centre in Bath, on 5 March.
An inquest was told a member of the public administered an EpiPen to Chloe, who was in anaphylactic shock, but she died later in hospital.
The coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death.
An inquest at Avon Coroner’s Court heard Chloe was diagnosed with a milk allergy from an early age and carried an EpiPen as well as inhalers for asthma.
On the fateful morning she met a friend on a bus travelling from Melksham to Bath.
They stopped for lunch and went to a kebab shop. Chloe ordered a kebab with lettuce, chips and BBQ sauce.
She quickly felt unwell and made herself sick, but her condition deteriorated, the inquest heard.
A passerby administered her EpiPen to her before police and paramedics arrived on the scene outside Boots at the Southgate shopping centre.
She was taken by air ambulance to Bath’s Royal United Hospital, but was pronounced dead at 15:35 GMT.
A post-mortem examination has confirmed Chloe had suffered an anaphylactic reaction.
Coroner Dr Peter Harrowing concluded that she had died accidentally.
He said: “This is a very tragic case with someone so young who had such a severe allergy,
“This was an accidental exposure to dairy products to which Chloe was severely and seriously allergic and therefore her death is an accidental death.”
Speaking after the inquest, Chloe’s parents thanked the emergency services and members of the public who tried to help.
They said: “Our dear Chloe, a true angel, is loved and so dearly missed by us, her brother, all her friends and family.”